Friday, July 30, 2010

People Who Inspire Me

Do other bloggers do this?  Walk around writing blog entries in your head, and then have trouble sitting down and typing it up? I don't know why I do this. I have oodles of ideas and things I wanna share with you, especially around positivity and healing, and role models.  So let me just put a few together today. 

I had mentioned Lance Armstrong in another blog entry. He originally had testicular cancer.. and because the reproductive organs are so rich with blood flow - it can metastasize (spread) quickly.  He had cancer metastasize to his brain and lungs, and look at him today.  Strong as heck!  (Men and women, get your reproductive organs checked. ) His book is a must read.

Cami of 29 gifts is another person I had mentioned in another entry, whose response to multiple sclerosis was to start begin gifting things to others.  She started a movement!

Dr.  Amen, who is all over Public TV these days, gives phenomenal education to the public regarding what substances diminish or enhance our brain chemistry, and therefore, vitality and lifestyle.

And if I haven't done a blog entry on Kris Carr, of http://crazysexylife.com, I will soon.  She filmed a phenomenal documentary about fighting a rare form of liver cancer.  Needless to say she is still crazy and sexy and very ALIVE...  with a huge blog following, and another book coming out soon.

Recently, Tony Robbins premiered his TV show called Breakthrough.  if you haven't had a chance to see it, http://NBC.com has reruns online - for now in North America I believe.  Here's a link : http://www.nbc.com/breakthrough-with-tony-robbins/video/frank-and-kristen/1241055/

This particular episode had me choking back tears.  I don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen it, but { { { W O W } } }. Tony works with a married couple where the husband became quadriplegic, and the wife became...  her husband's caretaker.  The change that you see in the husband over the 60 minute program is remarkable, as he starts to believe in himself again.  As he (and his wife) stop seeing him as "broken" or "weak".  I watched Tony's followup behind the scene videos at his website, and this couple has gone on and not backslid into the misery they were living before.  Most of this change came to them as a change in their attitude and perspective.   Same people, same challenges, HUGELY different perspective and outcomes.  Hugely different levels of joy!

Alright that was painless.... because I love being inspired, and sharing it with others!  I do hope you all have an amazing and joy-filled weekend.

Namaste  =)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for sharing with us! So excited to see what you have in upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... yes, I often have a backlog of blog entries in my head :)

    Inspiration is GOOD...& these people all prove that there is a lot more love & hope in the world than any of the crap we mostly hear about :) xxx

    ReplyDelete